Friday, August 1, 2008

More Breath Holding....

We're not out of the woods yet in bringing Joseph home. I spoke with our attorney today and it's more of the same insanity. Apparently, when our file went from juvenile court to the PGN it went without all the documentation on our investigation. We were approved in PGN by the 2nd reviewer, but when we got to the final adviser he would not approve us without the documentation. The good news is that at least all the work that was involved in getting the documentation, to prove no fradulent activity took place, has already been done. Now it is just a matter of getting papers from one spot to another. The attorney has close friends in both departments and is working on using their help to get these papers to PGN. I know what all of you are thinking, and trust me I'm thinking it too. Why and how would a file go from an investigation to the approval system WITHOUT THE DOCUMENTATION?!!! I don't know so don't ask me! We are all just hanging on the best we can. God has perfect timing and who am I to question that. A good friend of mine is going through a difficult time with her daughter, who is having to be admitted into the hospital for treatment. They have had to play the waiting game a lot too. One thing she said about their waiting, was that it gave her more time to pray and talk with God about the situation. Waiting isn't always a bad thing. Obviously their situation is very different than ours. However, both situations are tough. So, I am taking a cue from her and I will use this time to pray for Joseph and for his homecoming. If you could, would you also pray that he would have a smooth transition into our family? Pray for his grieving and his attachment. Those of you who have already brought home your Guatemalan angels know exactly what I'm talking about. Also about my friend, her sweet little girl's name is Stephanie and she is only 8 years old. Please pray for her and her family, and that the doctors will have the wisdom to know how to proceed.

Thanks!

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Oh, Tracy. I am horrified of all that you have been through, yet you're holding fast to God and to His Word! His name WILL be glorified in this situation, and you and Tim will be stronger in your faith, and in each other when it's all over and done with! I have prayed that God will continue to give you and Tim strength and for the transition for Joseph.

I cannot imagine what your friend is going through with her daughter. I have prayed for them, as well.

Lots of love,
Jennifer =)

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.