Sunday, August 24, 2008

US17



Last week, Nathan decided he and I needed to build a robot. He started out with some very aggressive plans for a robot built of wood with a brain, a motor, and a remote control. His plan involved an expensive trip to Lowe's. For some of the materials, I think I was going to have to break into NASA. That may be frowned upon. Anyway, since I would like to stay out of prison, I convinced Nathan that we could build one out of some things in the garage.

Here is a picture of US17. Nathan came up with the name. US17 is a top secret, highly evolved, super robot disguised as a low-tech, cardboard box, tissue paper roll, milkshake lid, cut up tennis ball wearing nothing. He is very specialized. He is able to slide gracefully across the hardwood floors on his advanced gliders and is able to hold massive amounts of cargo in his rear holding area. He has experimental padding on his front in case he runs into something or is attacked.

Don't ask me questions about his capabilities. You do not have the clearance.

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

I am impressed! I never knew you had such talents and I thought I knew everything about you. Guess I was wrong. US17 is beautiful and will probably be a favored toy over all the expensive ones.

PAPA's Corner said...

your mother just told me what she told you about your talent but if I read this correctly the project was Nathan's idea

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love the robot! Way too cute! He has quite an imagination...can we say future little engineer?

I agree, it would be cool if they all went to the same school. Jonah and Noah are soooo loving being big boys! They've already made lots of new friends, and one possible girlfriend for Noah. It was the one he fell asleep holding hands with his very first day. Ask him, and he'll tell you she's his girlfriend. Aren't they hilarious?? Kids are so precious, you literally never know what is going to come out of their mouths! God Luck sending Nathan off to school today. Yes, I said God, not good. I'm working in the health room today, so that's how I'll be spending my day. Fun! I love you! Kiss and hug Nathan for me, and tell him all hi and we love and miss him.

esp said...

You have the coolest kid on the planet - and the cutest! Nathan is now giving me ideas about activities for my nephews (who are the coolest toddlers on the planet - I can't legally call another child the coolest without making a distinction between him and the nephews - it might make me look like a bad Auntie)

Anonymous said...

The Robot is amazing, Nathan is so
very creative.
Man , I miss him, tell me who can ever get enough of Nate the Great.
And what a great Photographer,I did not know that was among his talents.

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.