Monday, August 25, 2008

The Big Day

There's my official kindergartner! I had to take pictures this morning before we left. I know he'll change so much by the end of the school year. I can't imagine it though, because he already looks so grown up to me. Still my baby though, of course! Today is his first full day of school. He was pretty laid back about it all, since last week he went twice for half days. He did tell me he did not want to stay "all day." Especially when I threw in there that they would have a rest period today. I'm having lunch with him and staying to help out this afternoon, he's excited about that.
And, there's the proud daddy.

This one was Nathan saying "I need to take a picture of you guys too!"

This is him lined up against the wall with all the other kids waiting to go into the classroom. What a cutie!
And, there he goes. And here comes the tears. Well, not really but a little choked up on the inside. ("the crying on the inside kind, I guess") - sorry, just a quote from one of mine and Tim's favorite movies.

Now I'm off to work on all the final adoption paperwork. Someone say a prayer for me today :)

3 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

awwww! Cute pictures! Jonah and Noah are old pro's at it, now. Or so they think. I did hear that Noah stuck his tongue out at a little boy today. We'll be having a chat when he comes home from school about that. I worked at their school all day, and I saw one of his little classmates. A real cutie, who didn't want to be a tattle tale, he said. BUT, he thought I should know that Noah stuck his tongue out at him!

I'm sure they'll be excited to hear about Nathan's first day!

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Jonah and Noah said hello to Nathan...will you pass the message on to Nathan? Oh, and all the boys loved his robot. They all said, "Cool!"

Love all y'all! ;)

tim said...

What kind of clown are you!?

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.