Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Just for fun...

Things I've learned by "making do"

- chewable maalox, not so good as a breath mint
- bank deposit slips filled out in crayon, make for bad banking mistakes
-a good napkin is a great coffee filter in desperate times
-a car really can make it a ways on fumes alone
-your child will use just about anything as a tissue
-a drier sheet is not a good substitute for tissue paper
-scented lotion as deodorant, it doesn't work no matter how much you use
I've had 30 something years of "making do" so there are many many more than what's listed here. Some have been better than others, like all my cooking substitutions that I won't even go into. These are all the ones that just popped up in the 10 minutes I had to post. I'd love to hear how you've made do in the past. Don't be shy, come on tell me about it.

3 comments:

tim said...

I have learned that my wife doesn't always want to be my straight man.

You are hilarious.

Anonymous said...

I am impressed with all you have
learned , you are crazy.

a couple of things that have worked for me when in a bind, are:
I learned when wrapping a zillion christmas presents, when ribbon is running out, that christmas paper can make a great bow for the presents.
There are many more chirstmas Make Dos I have learned , but I won't go there.

and packing tape can make a woderful lint brush.

Phyllis said...

Have you really done all of these things? Come on.. deposit slip in crayon? dryer sheet? I'm amazed. Of course you never cease to amaze me!

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.