Friday, January 30, 2009

Weekend Fun...

Doesn't this look yummy?! I can't wait to dig in later tonight! I have to say one of my favorite things about having friends over is the food!! The dessert I decided to go with for tonight is Peach Delight. Oh my, is it ever so delightful! I hope the Forslunds will agree! Lady Forslund is eating for two, so I made sure to make plenty :)

Speaking of weekend fun, one of the great things Tim and Nathan do together is the Saturday morning "build something" class at Lowe's. I don't really know what the thing is called, but they do build something together, and it's a once a month class. Nathan loves it!! So this morning he woke up way before it was time, and this was one of my mornings to sleep in. I told him he could get in bed with us, but he had to lay there still and quiet. He says "ok". Then in his LOUD whisper he says "mom, what are they building at Lowe's tomorrow?" Needless to say I'll be checking into that today! So much for sleeping in. Didn't matter anyway because about one minute later in walks Joseph. Tip toeing and whispering "mom, mom, mom." And off starts a glorious weekend!

On Saturday we get to "play" with the Altman's and I get to enjoy someone else's dessert making skills; yummy again. Can't wait to see you guys!

I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend and enjoy the super bowl! I will be cooking, and half way watching it. If the Titans aren't playing I just don't care that much. Sorry Tim! I will make sure you have something yummy to munch on though!! :)



4 comments:

tim said...

You might not care about the Super Bowl (which will be watched), but you will be excited to watch the Nadal/Federer final at the Aussie Open.

Big sports day in the Goodwin home!

Also, just to go on record here, I do plan to destroy Team Forslund on the Wii tonight.

Tim

Anonymous said...

Oh my!!! Lady Forslund says the dessert looks delicious!!! Yummers! Little man & I can wait to tuck into that delight :) Tra- you are the queen of dessert making! And Tim... Let me just say... what-evvvv-ahhh about your Wii comment. Talk to my hand, my friend! :) Can't wait to see you guys later!

Raise the Barn said...

Let's for a moment reflect on those ill-fated words "...destroy Team Forslund..." Which event doomed this prophecy?

Was it beating Team Goodwin on a 9-hole Wii Mini (is that redundant?) Golf challenge?

Or was it the Forslund's win at bowling (playing upside down) that brought a close to the Forslund Dominated evening?

I'm just glad the picture of the dessert on this post was won by all. Always an excellent meal.

Note: Rombauer Zinfandel, not bad

Anonymous said...

The Pictures are great of the boys' and their beautiful Mom.
Your Peach delight looks very delightful!
Glad to read about so much fun going on at your place.
The Tax season cruch over here ...
well.... , let me just say ther is no fun going on.
Love and Miss all of you,
Mom (Granna)

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.