Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Baby it's cold outside...

Fire up the fireplace!  It is cold! I'll be off to get some firewood today, that is FOR SURE.  On the mornings when Nathan rides to school with a friend, we stand at the door and wave as he drives away.  Joseph says shivering "mommy cold!"  Then he hides behind the door softly saying "bye dadan."  It doesn't get this cold in Guatemala.  He doesn't let it stop him from playing out there though, he just likes to be bundled up!  So does Nathan for that matter.  Nathan refuses to go to school without a hat on his head.  That just makes me laugh.  His little face is so cute tucked inside that big ole hat.  I don't know about you but the cold weather makes coffee all that much better!  I LOVE waking up to a cold house and a warm cup of coffee in my hand, all snuggled up in my robe. That is just the best.  Then of course I crank up the heat for the little ones.

Don't get me wrong, if I had my choice I'd be on a beach right now!!  I don't think a beach vacation is in our future this summer, too many bills.  BUT, you can gaurantee I'll be dreaming of a beach.  Luckily, the local pool will get the job done!  I can't wait to introduce that to Joseph this summer, he is going to LOVE it!  It is so much fun having a baby around the house again.  I know I know, he isn't really a baby.  But he is a baby to me, especially compared to the 5 year old.  I am really enjoying introducing him to new experiences.  It's really beyond words.  Like when we first got him the foster family told us he HATED the bathtub.  Now, he cries because he doesn't want to get OUT of the bathtub.  It's been 3 months that we have had him home with us now.  Every day things get more simple, if that makes sense.  More and more he is just our son.  Not our newly adopted son from Guatemala who doesn't really know us or understand us yet.  He is just our sweet little boy.  I no longer feel the need to explain, we just got him and he doesn't really understand what you are saying to him.  That is a good feeling!  

Have a wonderful day and enjoy your fires!  Well, the intentional ones that is.

Praying for Jamie Moser-  if you have a moment please say a prayer for him.  He is my cousin, and he was badly burned, the life threatening kind.  He was just doing his job and there was a gas leak in the house where he was working.  There was a bad explosion.  He is hanging in there, and recovering quite well.  He has a long road ahead of him, and he is still in the hospital.  His wife is expecting a baby in April.

2 comments:

Phyllis said...

I love your blog. It brought tears to my eyes. How I wish I could be there to cuddle my precious little grandbabies that I love so much! I will be praying for Jamie and his wife. How old is he? Please give us updates on him from time to time. I love you all so much!!!

tim said...

You have a fire going? Did you go buy wood or did you just start breaking furniture?

Wish I was there.

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.