Thursday, February 21, 2008

Phone call

I did call our attorney this morning. This time I was able to speak with her. What I found out is that our adoption is still on hold. The investigation is over and done with, praise God. Now, PGN is requesting a letter from the States Attorney's office to release our file and allow us to continue. The attorney says getting this letter will be very difficult, as right now the states attorney's office doesn't care anything about adoptions. They do not care to help in any way. She told me that this is a matter of bureaucracy. However, she does have a friend working to try and get the letter for us. In the meantime, she has made an appointment with a PGN judge, in order to get a ruling for continuing our adoption without the letter.

While this might not be the news we were waiting to hear, it's still pretty good news. Things are moving and people are working around the clock to get this boy home. Our attorney is confident it will all work out, it's just another delay. Before I made this phone call, I spent some time in prayer and in the Bible. I found myself in Isaiah 2:4 "He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples." "...come let us walk in the light of the Lord."

God is in control of all the red tape and I am so thankful for that. I am walking in the light of what I know is true.

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Amen to that! He is in control, even during this difficult waiting time. I love what Numbers 6:24~26 says:

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn His face toward you and give you peace."

He already has done all those things, but I am confident that He will bring Joseph home to you guys soon. Much, much love, Jenn

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.