Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Hooray for snow day!

Williamson county, you can always count on them for a free day at home! The sun is bright, it is bitter cold, but the grounds are clear and we are happily hibernating. Although we are approaching the boredom stage in this day and it's only 1:30pm. I caved and decided to let Nathan spend some time playing the wii. Hot chocolate and video games, it really doesn't get much better than that! We've read all the new library books, practiced writing his name, exercised together (yeah, that's fun) reviewed some sight words, played monsters inc., and practiced his tennis lessons. Speaking of tennis, when we say prayers every night he always says "and God thank you for my tennis lessons." How cute! Anyway, he'll be entertaining himself for the rest of this snow day! If there was actually snow outside, we could go and play in it. No such luck, stupid sun.

I'm off, I can't let my hot chocolate get cold!

Oh, by the way Tim sold his first t-shirt!!! A big thank you to MIMI, we love ya!!

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

That is crazy~ a snow day with no snow?!?! I have never heard of such a thing! I will tell you that one day two years ago, the schools let out because of a possible tornado. I'd never heard of that either! We NEVER used to have stuff like that happen to us! I will not be telling Graham and Drew about this, by the way. Although Drew does get an "A" for effort on trying to skip school today. His words were, "Mom, please, can't we just stay home?!?! Just this once?!?!" Between you and me, I do let them skip one or two days a year on account of good grades! Usually it's just one, and it's the end of the year when it's warm. We usually go and go hang out at the zoo or somewhere else that's fun. Don't tell, though, that's not usually recommended! Y'all have fun and enjoy the rest of your day! Tell Nathan we said hi!

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.