Monday, February 25, 2008

A Parenting First!

2 words, EAR INFECTION. Not fun. Nathan is only 4, soon to be 5, and has never had an ear infection. Until Saturday that is. It was close to midnight when his ear was hurting so badly that it woke him up. Unfortunately, Tim and I were still up watching movies. So, I didn't go to bed until close to 4:00am on Sunday. Brutal. It's pretty sad when your child is begging you to take him to the doctor. Then, starts begging you to "do something". We did survive the night though. The hero, Dad, thought of putting cotton in Nathan's ear. It helped mentally for Nathan and I'm sure it gave a little pain relief too. We were able to finally go to sleep, although 7:00am he wakes up full of energy like he'd had a full night's sleep. How do kids do that?? We were at the minute clinic when they opened, and yep it was official it was an ear infection. By that afternoon we were all a little cranky. Anyway, we did survive it and all is well this morning. We all had a beautiful night's sleep last night.

Alright, so on to other things....
I got my hair cut this weekend. It's much shorter than before, if you can imagine. It's back to my natural color, dark brown. I like it. Just to give you a visual, it's just below my ears.
So, that's pretty much it in 'Goo' town.

P.S. LOVE LOVE LOVE Tim's t-shirts! Go check them out! I'm going to be getting a few for myself. I'm going to get some of the kid ones for Nathan too. (Maybe Granna and Mimi can get the grandmom ones for him :)

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I'm glad to hear Nate's doing better, or at least, he will be once the antibiotic kicks in! We went through the same thing with Noah a few weeks ago. He woke up screaming, and ended up sleeping with us that night (which was a first for him!). His ears weren't infected though, just red. So the doc. gave us a "just in case" prescription. Their ears have been good since they had the tubes put in. It's not fun, is it? I always feel so sorry for them...they hurt REALLY bad, if you've never had one! Tell everyone we said hello! Do you have a pic. of your hair? It sounds really cute. Did you ever finish painting? I wanted to see some pictures! I know, I know, I ask too much! Love ya!

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.