Monday, March 10, 2008

one more day is one step closer

Sometimes life throws so many curve balls at me that it is difficult to articulate the cobwebs in my head. Instead, I'll let scripture do my talking. Thank you God for your word that is alive and breeds hope!

21 But this I call to mind,and therefore I have hope: 22 The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;his mercies never come to an end; 23 they are new every morning;great is your faithfulness. 24 The Lord is my portion, says my soul,therefore I will hope in him. 25 The Lord is good to those who wait for him,to the soul who seeks him. 26 It is good that one should wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3.

Below is an excerpt from one of my favorite blogs, (www.prayingthemhome.blogspot.com) I met Dawn through a Guatemalan adoption message board. She certainly has a way with words....

I wasn't there when you were born.

I wasn't there to see your first smile.

I wasn't there to watch you tumble as you took your first tentative steps.

I wasn't there to kiss away the tears of your first boo-boo.

I wasn't there as you cut those first teeth.

So many things I missed and so many things I never saw as I waited. Hundreds of miles away.

But in God's gracious goodness,

I saw the wonder in your eyes the first time you rode in a big airplane and realized you got your own juice.

I saw your smile of amazement when you took your first drink of water from a drinking fountain.

I watched your eyes sparkle as you put on clothes lovingly purchased just for you.

I saw your joy the first time you opened the fridge and saw it was fully stocked.

I listened to you excitedly holler the first time you saw a cow, a tractor, a gravel road.

I was there as it sunk in that these were your sisters, your brother, and that this family was forever.

I was there when you cried tears of sadness and I was the one you let gently wipe them away.

I felt your body melt into mine the first night I kissed your tender cheek and told you I would be your mommy forever.

Being your mommy means I missed so many firsts.

But being your mommy also means that I am blessed to see all the firsts for the rest of your life.

It was worth every minute of the wait.


1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Oh my goodness. That was beautiful. Mere words cannot express what is in my heart for you and your family, so I won't try. JUST KNOW that I am praying for you all everyday. I love you all so much.

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.