Wednesday, December 12, 2007

What a sound!

After spending almost an entire day at Vanderbilt, for a heart check up on myself, the day ended in sheer joy! All looks well with my valve, it has been in now for 9 1/2 years and going strong. When I got home I was greeted with an email from our adoption attorney. She gave us the phone number for the foster family taking care of Joseph, and granted us permission to call directly! This is NOT a common practice among adoption agencies and attorneys in Guatemala. So Tim and I called, and we spent about half an hour on the phone with them. Their daughter who is around 16 to 17 years old speaks English, so we were able to talk to her. We got a full report on Joseph AND WE GOT TO TALK TO HIM! Although, all he did was listen and giggle! He laughed and laughed and squealed. It was an amazing sound. They were telling him "talk to mommy and papa". They said that he loves to look at our pictures, and they show him we are his mommy and papa. (sorry PapaG and PapaMax, there may be some confusion there for a little while :) She said he is very happy and loves to dance to music. The daughter was so sweet. She also told us "He really needs you". Words can't even describe what that meant to me. It was an experience to say the least. Overwhelming.

MORE GOOD NEWS TOO....
It looks like the amendment to allow "in-process" adoption cases to continue has been approved. Actually, now it is not an amendment, I think it is just known as a new law. My dad emailed a link to me from Fox News about this, I also read about it on guatadopt.org. I'll put the links to these articles under "we we are now".

Thank you for all your prayers, and don't stop now. KEEP PRAYING! It's all we've got.

1 comment:

Chris and Lindsey Wheeler said...

Tracy,

Praise the Lord that you got to talk to your little man!! I am so excited for you!!! I am praying. Pray that our case is considered in-process.

Hoping and praying,
Lindsey

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.