Monday, January 28, 2008

It's better to keep busy, right?


I haven't posted since we spoke with our attorney in Guatemala, because I still haven't heard anything. It can be maddening. I do my best to keep my mind occupied with other things. As it turns out, there are MANY things to occupy my brain space. Too much to go into. There are also just as many things to occupy my hands. Which leads us back to why I haven't posted in a while. So, here's a little catch up of what we've been up to the last week:

I have been completely re-organizing my kitchen. Cabinets, drawers, pantry, even the fridge got a revamping. If you've been to my house you understand and our happy for us!

We spent last weekend in Atlanta visiting my sister and her family. We had a blast and LOVED all the snow they got there. Pictures are below. While in Atlanta we visited the Ikea store. I was in awe. We spent the whole day there and I felt like it was only 10 minutes, I was not ready to leave! Really cool stuff there, but I did find out why their prices are so cheap. POOR customer service and God help you if you have to call them. Anyway, off subject there for a minute. While there I bought some new shiny things for my kitchen.

When we got back home, our shiny things looked nice in our kitchen. Just not nice enough. We decided to paint the kitchen. Then our dinning room which is basically in our kitchen, looked awfully bare. So, it got a color bath also. It's amazing what a little (or a lot in our case) color will do. All this to say that this past weekend we spent the entire time painting. I use the term "we" very lightly. Only because Tim says he'll end up in jail if I paint with him. I'll let you read between the lines there. We are just not good painting buddies. I can't wait to post pictures for you guys. Hopefully I can do that tomorrow. I will forewarn you, it's bright! We are colorful people and our house certainly reflects that.

Here are some pictures from our time in Atlanta. Also, please keep petitioning God on our behalf about our adoption. Thank you!

Ginny and I had to "roll"/ push the belly of the snowman up the hill.


Oh it's coming Mike!

Nathan had lots of fun throwing snowballs at Dad!

Of course we couldn't leave Atlanta without Nathan sustaining some sort of crazy 4 year old boy injury! He was running and chasing and smacked the corner of their kitchen island with his eye. It blacked up for a couple days. He's good now.
Ginny and Tim had a lot of fun picking out songs together. Although I really got sick of hearing the same Jack Johnson song over and over and over. Sorry guys! Nathan on the other had LOVED the microphone. He was born to sing and dance. Actually I think he was born to preach! I wish I had it on video. At one point it was just Nathan and Ginny in her room, and Nathan started preaching a sermon. He said "God is the only one who can give eternal life", and he said "God is powerful". Then he started singing praise songs. Ginny and I looked at each other and our mouths were on the floor! I know the God is powerful part is in one of his memory verses at church. The eternal life part, I have do idea, but I'm proud!

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

That was an awesome blog! Tim had told us you were going to paint and I can't wait to see it. We painted the lower part of our table area, it the color of a Hershey bar. It brought tears to our eyes when we read about Nathan's preaching. You never know what God has planned for our little ones. Keep writing I love your blogs!
Phyllis

Mamita J said...

It sounds like you have been busy! I love to paint rooms. It makes you feel like you have a new house. It sounds like you had fun in Atlanta. Go, Nathan, go. Preach the Word!

Julie

Anonymous said...

All the sweet pictures ,I look at them often.

Help me! I want to kiss the computer screen.

I am so very glad: you guys were able to visit our lovely Prince Family. (I know kindness met you at the door)
Our Nathan is so very smart!putting the phrases he has learned together, as he did!
I for one would love it if he became a Preacher! But I love it right now , just having him praise his God!
He takes after his Mom, when you were his age and younger, you were healing the sick, looking up at the stars and singing Jesus Loves me, and among a host of many songs you sang about giving your whole life to Jesus, all the time. And that you have! and I am proud of you.

I know your paint job looks incredible, because you and my Buddie Tim have great tast!

If you want!.. If you need!..
a night or two of lovely sweet bliss with just the two of you...
Just bring the little Preacher Man right on over to Granna and we will have the best car show Oakland
has ever seen.
Love, and Miss You ,
Mom

Mamita J said...

Hey Tracy! You've been tagged! Check out my blog for the rules of the game.

Love,
Julie

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.