Friday, January 11, 2008

Buenos días, buenas tardes, mi nombre es Tracy

Hola! I have fallen in love with my ipod all over again! Love is such a wonderful thing isn't it? I am just now starting to utilize all the things on itunes. I signed up for Spanish lessons FREE which is the best part. I'm trying very hard to be able to communicate with my little Guat some day soon! I've also subscribed to numerous podcasts, that I'll probably never have time to see; but they are there! It's just the coolest thing ever. Now at 6:00am when I'm on my eliptical, that's right, I can listen to NPR, watch a cooking show, watch a Hollywood fashion show, or just rock out. I'm lovin' it!

So, those of you who were in the BIG STORMS yesterday, was that fun or what? Tornado watches, tornado warnings, flood warnings, thunderstorm warnings, you name it we had it. It hit here about the time Nathan was having "quiet time" in his room. So he was more than happy to get out of his room to hideout in the downstairs bathroom. Luckily we didn't have any damage or a tornado touch down. When it was all over and all was calm, I said come on Nathan let's get out of here and go play in the living room, he said: "I'm not coming, I'm staying I'm having FUN in here mom!" I was glad that he was completely oblivious to what could happen in a storm like that. Sometimes I think that is what God does for me too, he keeps me happily distracted with other things, so I don't see the darkness that lurks. Seeing it only hinders me from keeping my eyes on the Lord, and resting in the truth that he's got me.


...you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you.
20 And though the Lord give you the bread of adversity and the water of affliction, yet your Teacher will not hide himself anymore, but your eyes shall see your Teacher.
Isaiah 30:19-20

1 comment:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

What in the world is an eliptical and NPR?!?! I'm totally not into the techno thing. And what is an iPodcast?!?! Just curious...hope you had a happy Monday...I cleaned all day, so it was a rewarding day. There is nothing quite like a clean house...well, by clean, I mean now messy because the kids were coming right behind me and playing. But it's dust free and the floors are free of dog and cat hair!! For now, at least!

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.