Tuesday, March 10, 2009

UGGGG!!!

Okay I just watched one small blurb on the Today Show.  I am so irritated, outraged even at these so called 'experts' who think they have the right to judge, or give an opinion on this mom of octuplets.  This one lady, who is an author, was VERY judgemental on this poor mother.  Then, this author towards the end of the interview says "well I'm not saying I'm perfect either I have the zanex in my purse to prove it."  Are you kidding me lady?  So we aren't supposed to judge you on your mental instability, but you can judge her?  I'm reminded of being a child and having my parents explain to me that kids put others down because they are insecure.  They have to make themselves feel better by making themselves feel 'above' everyone else.  The only way to do that is to put others down.  I see a classic case of bullying from this author.  I'm not saying that this mom didn't mess up, but is there any mother on this earth who has done everything flawlessly, perfectly, never yelled at her kids, never lost her temper, never over-reacted?  Come on!  They were REALLY criticizing her for that 911 call when one of her older sons was missing.  The lady was pregnant with 8 babies at the time!!!  I'm sorry but until you personally have ALL OF THOSE hormones running through your veins I just don't think you are in a place to judge.   I know there are other mothers out there, with far less children, who also have temporarily lost track of their kid(s).  I know as a child I personally got lost in a store once.  It happens.  Even the most conscientious parent can turn around one second, back the next and her child not be where he was. I'm not saying it's okay, but I'm saying don't judge.  She was worried about her son, and probably completely realizing she is WAY out numbered with the children she is going to have.  Why do people in this world feel it is necessary or helpful to come down on each other?  I'm having a hard time putting this into words.  It is ridiculous to me that people think they are so high above the rest of us, that they are qualified to say what this woman should or shouldn't be feeling.  I would think that it would be very hard to be going through what she is going through, in the public eye under public scrutiny no less.  You know she could have chosen selective reduction, but she didn't.  She must be terrified.  She must be wondering how on earth she will care for all these children.  I don't know if this woman is a christian or not, but either way I will be praying for her.  God has a plan.  I just wish people would get off their high horse, and realize we are really all the same.  You don't know what you would do.  You can say what you think you would do, but the truth is YOU DON'T KNOW.   I am frustrated and worn down with people putting others down to make themselves seem better.

ug.

5 comments:

Phyllis said...

Come on Tracy, let it all out, don't hold back your feelings. :-) I don't know what she was thinking when after already having 6 children decided to implant that many embryos at once and take the chance but I do have to agree with you that she did the right thing by not aborted any of them and I'm sure she is afraid of what the future holds for her right now. Until we have been there we don't know what we would do. I also agree that we do need to pray for her and her children.
Bunches of love.

Tracy said...

I will add....
some might say it was irresponsible of a single mom to go for fertility treatments in the first place. Especially considering she does already have 6 at home. I might agree, but I don't know her nor do I know her motivation for doing this. On the surface I tend to think "what was she thinking?" I truly mean that as I don't understand it. I just feel let's deal with the NOW. Now she has 14 kids to care for. Wow. I think that is someone who needs LOTS of prayer. Having the media put her down every time the story appears is only hurting her. It only adds to her stress.

Mamita J said...

You go, girl!

I am so thankful nobody analyzes me to death in public. Y'all would have me put away for life some days. What's done is done.

The key is: How do we go from here?

Much love,
Julie

Unknown said...

OK I have to insert my side of this. I personally feel that she should have to put them up for adoption because COME ON the woman is living in a little haouse with her parents and she is on WELFARE! Her parents may lose their house because they are supporting her. That is an unfair way of life that those children did not ask to be born in to. She was very irresponsible to even try with six kids and no job or residence of her own. Ok I am done. Love you guys.

Tracy said...

My original point still stands.

BTW...she has been given a new home and a full time nursing staff to help her.

Love you too Toddles!

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.