Sunday, November 30, 2008

The time has come



Christmas time is here! I love this time of year. Today we brought home and decorated our tree. This year we went with the ever popular river birch tree. It is a lovely specimen of the variety. We dug it up out of the neighbor's yard. They are out of town and probably won't miss it until spring. Joseph told me I did a "yood yob" of tying it to the top of the car. I know it was only traveling from two houses down, but tying the tree and one of the children to the roof of the car is just tradition. Wouldn't you agree?

Two little elves helped decorate downstairs. They also drank all of my liquor. I have posted their pictures here. If you see either of them, be careful and call the cops. I think one of them is packing. At least that is the only explanation I can come up with as to how they can get anything they want from us.

The frivolity has begun!

3 comments:

Phyllis said...

YOU ARE TERRIBLE! I think you need to get out more often to clear your brain. I love you anyway. The pictures are darling.

Tracy said...

so you are saying Christmas is frivolous? who are you? I want a divorce.

The kids and I had a great time decorating the house and the tree. I LOVE this time of year. A reminder of what life is truly all about.

Anonymous said...

Those pics of Nathan & Joseph are adorable! What cuties :) I can't believe you guys already have a tree and have decorated. Wow. Gold stars for you guys! :)

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.