Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I've tried everything

About 30 minutes ago Nathan came down and asked us to start his CD again.  He likes going to sleep to music, but has a new CD player and doesn't know where the play button is.  The button really is hard to find.  Tra and I usually have to turn on the light to find the stinkin' thing.  Why, oh why, would the play button on a CD player, geared towards kids, be so hard to find?  The thing is shaped like Lightning McQueen!  Come on!  Put big easily identified buttons on it!  But, I digress.

We sent him back to bed on this trip down telling him that he can go to sleep without the music.  He said he "really" needed it.  I promised him if he would just be still and close his eyes, he would fall asleep.

Well, he just came back down and informed us that he still could not go to sleep.  His opinion was that he could just stay up with us until we go to bed.  He curled up with me on the couch and told me that he tried everything to go to sleep.  "I even tried closing my eyes."

Tim

4 comments:

Phyllis said...

Bless his little heart. Sometimes you have to give in. Mimi would hold him if she was there!

Tracy said...

And I'll add that I went upstairs to go bed shortly after Tim posted this. I have been very sick, so I needed to get in bed. About 10 minutes after I got in bed, in walks Nathan. "Mom I really can't sleep, can I lay down with you?" So what do you think I said? "Climb on in." He finally fell asleep after 10:00pm. As it turns out, we think he couldn't sleep because he was so excited about dressing up like an old man at school today. Kids.

Phyllis said...

I sure hope you get well soon. I want to see pictures of Nathan as an old man! That is so cute. What time does he have to get up in the morning? 10:00 was late.

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Graham and Drew went to bed with music one night, and after ten minutes I heard Drew calling me. I went upstairs to see what he wanted, and as he was wiping the tears off his face, said, "Mom, I can't sleep with that!!! It makes me cry!" It was the Snooze cd by Go Fish Guys. I came back downstairs laughing. He's such a tenderhearted little guy! Take care and feel better!!!

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.