Friday, October 3, 2008

Proud Parent Moment...

I had volunteered to work in Nathan's classroom the other day. Our project was to act out a little skit. They got to choose what character they wanted to be and pick the mask that went with that character. They all quickly decided and agreed on what they wanted. EXCEPT Nathan, of course, and another little girl. I kept trying to get them to work it out with each other. Well, they couldn't. They both wanted to be the hen, and they both wanted it badly. So I did the "pick a number 1-10" thing. The little girl lost that game. (yes it was totally legit) So I gave Nathan the mask he wanted and the little girl the other one. She looked so sad, and just hung her head. She was trying not to cry but you could tell she was upset. Nathan looked at her and said "here, you can be the hen, I don' t mind." I just thought it was great that he was looking out for someone besides himself. It warmed my heart. I sure do love that little kid!!

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

Mimi is very proud of him too! I can't wait to see ALL of you on Thursday.

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.