Monday, October 6, 2008

And now some pics

Today has been a great day. We have had fun around the hotel. The boys have gotten a little restless at times, but, for the most part, have had a great time. Nathan and I went swimming while Joseph took a nap. He loved that!


Joseph fits in so wonderfully. Last night, in the lobby, he saw some ladies walking past, stopped in his tracks, smiled, and said, "Hola." Of course, they thought it was really cute and spoke sweetly to him in Spanish. As many of you know, and those with daughters know first hand, Nathan also loves the ladies. Yesterday afternoon, while we were eating, I went looking for Nathan and found him sitting at the table of a couple of strangers. They were women in their 20's-30's. I said, "Nathan! Get over here. They do not need you entertaining them while they try to eat." They smiled and responded, "Oh, he is fine." We are going to have our hands full.
We are going to be at the emabassy at 7:15 in the morning. We are appointment number 14. From what I have been hearing, that means we should be done sometime between 9:30 and 10:30. Apparently, it only takes about 10 minutes or so with each family, but they make everyone be there at 7:15. Then, on Wednesday afternoon, we will get our visa and we are set to leave the next morning.


I know I am jumping around here, but you guys get to try to follow my stream of conciousness. Tonight at dinner the little guy showed us some of his temper. He likes to throw things when he gets mad and pouts. It is really cute, but we will eventually have to stop it. Tra and I just don't want to put the hammer down during the first week. The kid does love to eat. Juice, several pieces of bread, Cheez-its, water, a bowl of spagetti, and some dessert! We have extremes now! We aren't saying anything to Nathan about it because we don't want him to feel bad about his eating and end up with a set back, but we are hoping that it helps him. Either way, we are going to have to teach moderation in our house.


Tonight we had bath time. We were told that Joseph HATES baths. They did not lie. He cried so hard and so loudly. However, he seemed to get better when I didn't make him sit, but let him stand while I cleaned him. I bathe Nathan that way as I find it easier. I just hope that Joseph gets better once he realizes that he can stand also and he won't melt. He was really sweet afterwards and wanted to give me a kiss.


I am sure there are 100 strories I should be adding here, but that is all that is flowing at this point. Below are a few pictures from you. Most need some post editing, but at least you get to see some of the happenings.


The transition is going well for only two days. We just pray it stays on this path.



Tim and Tra


























Tim and Tra









3 comments:

Jennifer Goodwin said...

I love the pics....the boys cannot wait to meet him!!! Neither can Uncle Todd and Aunt Jen!!! Love you guys and praying for you as you close up your time there...I know you'll be excited to get home with him!!!

Bentley Family said...

Your family is so beautiful! We are praying for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Tim ,
It is so very good to see the pics...They are great!

I am so glad to hear Joseph seamed to know all of you, and that Nathan and he are getting along so well together.
We are so looking forward to seeing everyone.
Love,
Granna

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.