Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Finally

This morning we got up dark and early to go to the embassy. We got to meet another of the attorney's office staff. Bonnie is the sister of our attorney. She has been great through this entire process. All of them have. It was great to meet her. Shunny, our attorney's daughter who also works for her, was also at the embassy. It seemed like we were there forever. 7:15 - 10:30. Two little boys who love to make noise and a crowded embassy do not make for fun times. Actually, the boys were really good.

The embassy was really easy on us. All of about 1 minute for the first interview and about 2 minutes for the second. Lots of hoopla for little of nothing. Now, I have to go back tomorrow at 3:30 to pick up the approved visa.

Tra wanted me to point out that she is doing much more than I make it sound like in the blogs. To tell the truth, by the time I get back to the room, I can't really remember what I posted on them. So, I tell her some of the stories and they mostly are about my interactions with Joseph. SHE IS DOING ALL THE WORK (she will read this later and that should get me some points).

Tomorrow morning we are going to the market with Karla. She used to work with our attorney, but they have had to have cut backs due to all of the new regulations. The only one still there are family and the entire office will shut down before the end of the year. Very sad. Many people are losing jobs, but more importantly, many kids will remained orphaned.

That is all for today.

Tim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You two are getting so much done!

I know it can't be easy and yet it has got to be the best work you have done through this whole process, because home with Joseph is at the end of this work.
I am so proud of you both and can't wait to see you.
Man , I hate when you are so far away from home.
I will be in your house tomorrow
cooking and cleaning.

see you Thursday ,
Love, Granna

Jennifer Goodwin said...

Hey! Don't you love the phrase, "The boys"?!?! I told Todd when I was prego with Drew that I couldn't wait to be able to use that terminology, and now it looks as if you've adapted, as well. We are so excited for you guys....I know I keep saying that, but words fail me. I have cried, laughed, and praised God all in the matter of a few minutes on your behalf! I am soooo happy that you are finally having your baby! Well...you know what I mean. Please tell Tra I said hi and I love her...and of course Nate the Great and Joseph, but they know I love them. I love you too, I guess...ha ha, you know I do! I wish I could come cook and clean for you....if I didn't have kids of my own, I'd be there in a New York minute. Love you guys....can't wait to meet the newest little man!!!

Mommy of 4 said...

We are SO thrilled for you and your family. God has truly blessed your family. Joseph seems like a really sweetheart. We cannot wait to meet him.

So excited to hear the bonding is going so well. What a blessing!

In Him,
The Singletary's

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you guys and have been praying for you daily since you left. We wanted so much to be there today and were there just not physically!!I can't wait to see the picts Chrissy took. I hope to see you guys Sunday?! Or do you still do Sat. nights? Either way we want to meet your new little guy soon.

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.