Thursday, November 29, 2007

God does send angels


One guess.


No, no and no you are all wrong.



We had a gas leak!!! This is what was left after the repair. They say "they'll be back". We'll see, I get the uneasy feeling this is the same thing as "the check's in the mail." By the way, Dad, your check is in the mail.

Anyway, that was the drama at our house yesterday. It took about an hour to find the source of the smell, then another 5 hours to get it fixed. Luckily on the city's dime. This is one of those times I'm happy to pay my taxes. God really protected us in spite of our stupidity. We actually smelled a strong gas smell in our garage last weekend, but then it kind of faded so we forgot about it. I know, no comments on that please. Yesterday I see the atmos folks hanging out in my driveway. When I went to find out what was going on, they said that a jogger just called them and gave them our address. The jogger said they smelled a very strong scent of gas and someone needed to go check it out. THANKS ANONYMOUS JOGGER!! Apparently the leak was pretty bad according to the workers. We were smelling it in the garage because the wind was blowing it our way when we had the door open. The busted gasket was towards the end of the driveway by the sidewalk.

Anyway, I'm glad it is taken care of and we are safe now. Unfortunately that was the most exciting thing that happened yesterday. Sorry guys, I'll try to do more adventurous things so I'll have more to entertain you with. Now accepting ideas! Except you Tim, because we all know what you are going to suggest. I am not running naked down our street ever again!!

Hee hee, you all know I'm kidding right?

Love ya,
Tra

1 comment:

tim said...

If you say no to that, I am just out of ideas.

Thanks!

To those of you who have given financially to help complete our family and give Joseph a home, there are not words to describe our gratitude. Simply know that you will forever be a part of our family, and we thank God for you.